Show Notes for Episode 000
A brief introduction to the Mitchells, the hosts of the Organized Family podcast.
- Grew up as a military dependent
- Works as a software developer and as a software development manager
- Active in Boy Scouts and church, a member of the library board in our city
- Enjoys indoor activities and a couple of sports (soccer and basketball)
- Grew up in the same town all my life
- Stay at home mom
- On school community council
- Runs a sports program for women in our area
- Enjoys coaching and playing sports
- Also enjoys photography, hiking, yard work and being outdoors
- We met in college, married for almost 20 years.
- Five children. Red, Blue, Green, Yellow and Purple (That’s episode 5)
- We have very different backgrounds and hobbies, but we’re both organized
Why did we start the podcast?
- People kept asking how we do it
- Visitors impressed or ask questions when they come over
- Get request to teach classes on organization
- Reach a broader audience with some of our ideas
Goal for podcast
- Share what we know
- It’s not just moms that need to be involved, but dads too. You cannot be successful as a couple or a family unless both parents are involved. You can have different focus’ but you are a team
- Podcast Angle: to point out that all members of family contribute to being organized, not just the mom
Why do we think organization is important?
- Saves time
- Helps reduce tension and promote harmony
- Provides for a place where people can be more creative and productive
All episodes will be in one of four categories
- Personal organization
- Kids organization
- Home organization
- Finance organization
Frequency: Once a week
Length: We’re shooting for about 20 minute long podcasts
The quote “Organization saves time” came from the movie “The Most Wonderful Time of the Year”. The name of the book about tidying up is “The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing”
Get the Organized Family Tool Box
Our tool box includes templates for chore charts, dinner table conversation starters and much more. We don't sell it, but you can get it for free if you sign up for our newsletter.