- How to communicate
- Actions to express
- Things to avoid
How to communicate
- Give compliments
- Example: You look beautiful when you…
- Example: I believe in you because…
Show respect and admiration
- Example: I’m so thankful to have you in my life because…
Listen to them
- Example: How did that make you feel?
Ask them how their day was
- Example: How was your day?
Actions to express love
- Send them a text
- Leave them a note
- Face-to-face compliments
- Brag about them in front of others
- Be specific and genuine
- Say “I love you” and why you love them
- Be positive
Things to avoid
- Saying negative things about them
- Don’t recognize their efforts
- Not complimenting them
5 Love Languages by Gary Chapman
This week’s image is titled ‘Fridge Words’ from Jon Fife. You can find it on flickr.
Get the Organized Family Tool Box
Our tool box includes templates for chore charts, dinner table conversation starters and much more. We don't sell it, but you can get it for free if you sign up for our newsletter.